A Brief History of MakSPH

The origins of the school date back to 1957 when the Department of Preventive Medicine was established at Makerere University Medical School. In 1975, the department was elevated to Makerere Institute of Public Health and moved to a new five-story building of its own. The Institute was elevated to a full-fledged School of Public Health and made a constituent school of the Makerere University College of Health Sciences in 2007.

Back to top